We all are looking for software that will keep our computers clean and running smoothly. I recently was looking at a software website that makes your computers run like new, it is called Simplitec.com.
The software that I really like for our PC is Simplisafe; because it claims to that it will digitally delete your digital footprint. That means that your cookies will not be tracked back to your computer to see where you are surfing on the internet.
Other Benefits from the Simplitec software
-defragment your files
-recover data, update your files
-delete internet history and cookies to protect your privacy
For secure software, visit Simplitec’s website because they are experienced and have been in business for 18 years. That is a long time for computer companies. When it comes to software for safety and making our computers run faster it can be tough; but with much research you can find the right one that suits your needs.
While I am on the subject of software and safety, I wanted to share some great tips on safety while shopping online.
For all sorts of software information and reviews CNET is a good resource. If I am unfamiliar with a particular software I always try to get an opinion on what experts say about it.
Recently, I was reading an article on CNET.com, How To Stay Safe When Security Shopping, and it had some really good tips such as changing your passwords and you can even have spaces between your passwords to make it more difficult for your password to be recognized. Another good tip was to make sure you logout of the internet web browser when you are done.
There are a lot of bad people that want to try to get your information so to have software that maximizes your computer experience is essential.
I have not written about blogging must haves in a while so I felt it was fitting to do so now. I have a WordPress.org blog so my blog is self-hosted. I changed over to WordPress.org about two years ago and I really enjoy it because I have more control over what I want on my blog and how I want it to look.
Protect Your Computer
I think the number one must have is to make sure that your computers have antivirus software, especially if you have a PC. Having a computer without antivirus protection is like walking out the house and leaving the front door open. Your computer is susceptible to all kinds of hacking, spyware, worms and all if it is not protected. Please for your peace of mind make sure your computer is safe. Anti-virus software is a simple wayto keep your computer. An MSNBC article discussed how we must keep software on our computers up to date and that all software should be checked often.
Back up your blog
If you have a self-hosted blog make sure you back it up. Why you ask? Because you want to make sure you have the most up to date information from your blog is saved. Just like hopefully you back up files that are on your computer your blog is the same way. I back up my blog at least once a week, I do it manually because I remember reading somewhere that you should never trust automatic back-ups. Manually backing up for me has worked pretty well over the years. I am not downing automatic downloads, whether you have an automatic download or you manually download that’s great just make sure you back-up for added security. If it’s hard to remember to update or back up date add dates to your calendar or set a reminder on your phone.
Plug-ins should always be checked because you never know that one may not be working. For example, I had a anti-spam plug-in that I had for a long time that was very successful but for whatever reason I wasn’t getting any comments. Didn’t think anything of it until one of my lovely readers sent me an email that they could not comment because there was an error. I had no idea, so please check those plug-ins.
Take the time to make sure your blog is protected.
I am a Writer, I am a Writer!
Gotta say it and write it down to believe it. In (2 Corinthians 5: 7), For we walk by faith and not by sight.
“I am a writer” has been one of the hardest things for me to say because I never thought of myself as one. Jeff Goins, self-proclaimed writer and communicator’s latest book, “You are a Writer,” has so much advice and tips built up in it that it will make anyone want to start putting a pen to the paper.
Jeff Goins is a writer’s advocate who give his readers encouragement so that they can feel they can conquer the world. In his latest book, he shares some of his own writing experiences and what he learned. Hopefully, we will not go through the same thing. He talks about developing your craft and to just write, it’s that simple. Practice does make perfect, in order to develop your writing style you have to write and write a lot.
As a writer, early in my blog, I feared about putting my work out there for people to critique. However, it is something I enjoy doing. Overtime I have become better. In my junior year of college, I had a great professor who took time with me to show that I could actually write and I value that to this day. To think that I am writing for a blog and I get asked to write posts about various different topics is such a good feeling to me. I could of easily said, “I am not a writer, I can’t do that. Who am I fooling?” But now I have to believe and Jeff said in his book that when you believe it, other people start believing it too.
Jeff gives such good advice from believing that you can write to making a pitch to a publisher. This information is priceless because I can add this information to what I already know and take my writing beyond what I thought was possible.
I had to learn that getting ‘numbers’ on my blog or how many ‘likes’ I get on my Facebook page is not what this is all about. Granted, I love it when someone appreciates my work and decides to follow me; but that should not be the main focus for what I write about. The focus is that I love sharing great information about fashion and lifestyle, so that’s what I write about. When I look at it from that perspective, I don’t get caught up in the numbers. The numbers can stress and get you off focus for what you started writing for in the first place.
You are a Writer, is eye opening and I took some notes that I can use as a reference when I write. The ebook is easy to read and flows very well.
We are always growing and ever learning and Jeff proves just that.
Jeff has an awesome blog, Facebook page and he’s on Twitter.
• Facebook: facebook.com/goinswriter
• Twitter: twitter.com/jeffgoins
I am so honored to have my blog selected for this week’s Links a la Mode from the Independent Fashion Bloggers group.
A big shout out to Jackie Clark with the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance for writing such a wonderful and inspiring message to all the women who are battling cancer, to let them know that they can still look pretty and fashionable in spite of what is going on.
Edited by: Jess of Fresh Jess
The turn of the season can trigger a serious need to purge, refresh and recharge our style. While the sun shines brighter and each day gets longer, our bloggers are finding fashion inspiration everywhere they look. From runways and designer collaborations to hip-hop and the Hunger Games. From gardens and fairy tales to rainbows and relics of beautiful starlets past, this week’s Links a la Mode is just a peek at what’s making bloggers tick this spring. Enjoy!
THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE: MARCH 29TH
New at Shopbop: Zespa, Cobra Society, CNC Sandals, Chris Benz, Milly, DKNY Dresses,Black Halo, Tai Bracelets, Enza Costa, Kors Watches, Sailormade, Tibi Sandals & Heidi Klein
I am so honored to receive the Kreativ Blogger award from my dear blogger friend Natashia of Nothing Ordinary Style. Please check out Natashia’s blog, she has great style and is in a class all by herself.
By accepting this award I will share seven things about myself
Natashia you and I are quite alike in the first two random things about ourselves.
1. I am a Christian so that means I believe in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2. My best friend is my handsome hubby, married for twelve in a half years and we have two doggies.
We have a Beagle Named Gio.
My hubby and Go
A collie named Vinny.
3. My hubby and I love to take road trips and travel.
JT at the top of Pikes Peak
Cool taking our Jeep up to the top.
4. I love the snow. I know you may think this is strange but fall and winter are my favorite seasons. In my neck of the woods we have been getting spring temps so I am missing some cold weather and snow. I have some cute coats that I have not been able to wear as much because it’s not cold enough. Heck, I wear those coats anyway.
JT loving the snow
Can’t get enough of fun in the snow.
JT and the snowflakes
5. I collect handbags. Handbags finish a look, I say please proceed with the handbag. Wearing a chic handbag makes a statement, all eyes are wondering where I bought that handbag. The Dooney and Bourke handbag below gets so many compliments.
Dooney and Bourke
6. I would love to sing back up with Duran Duran.
There video “All You Need Is Now”
7. I use to not be an avid reader but times have changed and I now really enjoy it. Reading is knowledge whether it’s a hard bound book or my Nook.
My latest book.
The Kreativ Blogger Award goes to!
Live Life in Style
Oh To Be A Muse
Style of Sam
Kreativ Blogger Award winners please write a post of seven random things about yourself and pass the award to your favorite bloggers.
I was tagged by Michelle of Radiant Brown Beauty and I was suppose to do this tag this weekend but I was celebrating my Mother in law’s 75th birthday. It was a complete surprise party for her.
I wore my favorite purple Bob Mackie cardigan. Here I am with my mother in law and my sister and brother in law’s wife and husband.
My brother in law's wife, my mother in law, my sister in law's husband, JT
11 Random (Interesting) Things about JT
1. My favorite color is pink.
2. I enjoy Nineteenth century mysteries. Hercule Poirot by Agatha Christie is one of my favorite mysteries.
3. My secret fantasy is to become a backup singer for Duran Duran and sing backup on one of their records.
4. I am neat freak.
5. I’m an animal lover.
6. My favorite flower is the Stargazer lily.
7. I have had collies in my life since I was 3 years old. Collies (My doggie Vinny) and beagles (my doggie Gio is a beagle) are loving pets and great breeds.
8. My dream is to live in a villa in Italy.
9. I am taking a piano class. I started playing piano in college.
10. I swam with the dolphins in Tortola on my last vacation.
11. My childhood nickname is doll.
- Where did you grow up?
I grew up in the Show Me State.
- What was your favorite subject in school? (Nope. Gym doesn’t count)
Art and Sewing class were favorites of mine. I loved learning how to sew and making clothes for myself.
- Do you have an emergency savings fund?
Yes. It’s very important to save even if your putting $10 to $20 away each pay period. If you can save more that’s even better.
- What’s your favorite way to spend free time?
I love spending time with my husband talking and we love to play with the doggies and on the wii. Also enjoy reading, sewing, and exercise. Sometimes I am not feeling like exercising but I know I have to keep in shape.
- MTV or BET?
Neither. I don’t watch a lot of TV. I like How Do I Look and What not to Wear. Watching Downton Abbey on PBS has been really cool.
- Do you live in a house or an apartment?
I live in a house that praise God is paid in full.
- What’s your favorite snack?
Cherries is my favorite but I also enjoy eating a Rice cake with a sliver of natural peanut butter and nutella.
- Potatoes or rice?
Both of these choices are carbs so I eat both sparingly.
- What’s your favorite type of shoe? (flat, wedge, spike, walking, etc.)
My favorite shoe is a wedge because not only is it more comfortable; I can get so much height too. A 4 inch wedge makes me 6ft tall.
- Whose your favorite actress or female actor?
- Favorite male actor?
David Suchet and Johnny Depp.
11 Questions for my Tagees?
1. What’s your favorite novel?
2. What kind of dolls did you play with as a child?
3. Favorite manicure style?
4. Shower or a bath? Which do you prefer?
5. E-book or book?
6. Favorite kind of music?
7. Your Childhood hero?
8. What person would you like to have dinner with and where?
9. Favorite era of clothing?
10. Your favorite travel destination?
11. Favorite quote?
- Post these rules on your blog
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
- No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people but if you don’t know 11 bloggers, tag as many as you can.
You are tagged.
Not Dead Yet Style
Fierce Fabulous Fit
Everything Just So
Rags Against the Machine
FROM THE “REZ” TO THE “CITY”
THE TAXONOMY OF MY WARDROBE
This was a lot of fun. Thank you Michelle of Radiant Brown Beauty for tagging me. Smooches!
This post is linked to
Not Dead Yet Style